Science Museum Of Western Virginia

One Market Square SE, 4th Floor
540-342-5710

Our Mission:
To make science and technology accessible to all people by being an outstanding regional institution that ignites and nurtures life-long learning.

We fulfill our mission by:
Providing hands-on, interactive exhibits.
Utilizing our planetarium as an educational and entertaining resource.
Offering a variety of innovative programs, both on-site and in the community.
Preserving our collections and using them to enhance learning.
Creating a welcoming atmosphere that stimulates curiosity and wonder.


Reviews

True Patriot 09

Rating:
Monday, Nov. 6, 2017

Very fun and better than what i thought. My daughter loved it.

Rachel Gibbs

Rating:
Friday, Oct. 6, 2017

Excellent place for kids. Lots of learning through play and so much to do.

Mark Cloninger

Rating:
Saturday, May 6, 2017

Very educational and fun for all. Staff was nice and informative. We had a great time at this museum. And enjoyed the features of learning and playing with science! The butterfly garden is very neat and enjoyable! Try out the arcade check out the aquariums too. The cost is not too steep. Great deal if you are staying around for a day or two to get the all included tickets. Go learn and have fun.

Ian Bruce

Rating:
Sunday, March 12, 2017

While I have been in the Roanoke Area for the better part of 25 years I've found that the Science Museum of Western VA to be a consistent and stagnant Museum. If you've been to this Museum in the last 20 years you've already seen 90% of what the Museum has to offer. The other 10% is interesting exhibits, such as the Butterfly garden and some other new body exhibits but at $15 per adult it's not worth it. This is also ignoring that a large portion of the 6th floor is under construction. All and all a family of 5 will cost you over $70 to get in. If you're visiting the area go for it, but as a local I'll never go back.

Robin Pickard

Rating:
Monday, July 10, 2017

Every time we go here, there are some new exhibits. There are plenty of hands on learning activities for everyone, not just the children.