Lee Hall Mansion
Lee Hall Mansion is the only large antebellum plantation house remaining on the lower Virginia Peninsula. Completed in 1859, Lee Hall Mansion was home to affluent planter Richard Decauter Lee (of the York County Lee family), his wife Martha, and their children. Only three years after the house's completion, the Lees fled their home as the Peninsula became one of the first battlegrounds of the Civil WarLee Hall Mansion is owned and operated by the City of Newport News, Department of Parks and Recreation, Historical Services Division. The city's other Historical Services facilities are the Virginia War Museum, Endview Plantation, and The Newsome House Museum & Cultural Center.